Friday 25 January 2013

Table for one please...

I've found this past week quite difficult, as the boyfriend is away with work I've struggling with what to eat (anyone that knows me, knows that food is my first thought in the morning, and my final thought before I go to sleep). Cooking for one is depressing, so I thought i'd share a few tips with you all!

1) Use it as an opportunity to eat food your partner doesn't like. I use my boyfriend being away as an opportunity to eat veggies. I've pretty much eaten vegetarian this week, plus it helps with the weight-loss!

2) See your family and friends! When your in a long term relationship its easy to be so wrapped up with each other, you forget about your loved ones. I use it as opportunity to see my friends one evening, even if its just for a drink or dinner. I also try and see my parents, its a bit more difficult now they have moved away, but suggest meeting half way! And, they may pay for dinner, hint, hint Mum and Dad, for when you get back from Florida!!!

3) Use meals for one. Most people think packaged meals are a waste of time and don't taste nice, but I have recently found some good ones! Marks and Spencers Fuller for Longer range has some good options, their Thai green chicken curry is delicious, and the Singapore noodles are amazing. I also like Covent Garden soup, there are a range of flavours, and are only about 300 calories for a full pot. Plus, they don't break the bank.

4) Most supermarkets now do some sort of meal for two deals, I like to get these in advance and then freeze the second portion, great for when you've had a late night at work!

If anyone else has any good ideas for meals for one, then please let me know!


1 comment:

  1. Chloe, now your parents are retired. You should be treating them to dinner!
    We've found a good meal for one down here in Florida. Take a nice piece of meat, such as Chicken Breast or Steak. Cut a pocket into the meat. Fill that pocket with anything mushy - such as crabmeat and cheese. Then roll the meat in a Graham Cracker Crust mixed with Parmesharno (as they call it here - Parmesan to us). Then deep fry it. Serve it with lots and lots of Fries, with a very sweet sauce and boiled for 1 hour veggies. Lastly don't forget to squirt it with more runny cheese. Yum
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete