Thursday 17 January 2013

Chicken Fajitas

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted anything since December, been super busy! Spent Christmas and New Year in Australia, which was the most amazing experience, I don't think I can put into words just how exceptional it was. I had some unusual food, such as Kangaroo burgers and fillet, and soft shell crab, which was delicious. Enough about my holiday lets get down to the nitty gritty...

I'm a huge fan of Mexican food, but never enjoy it when I eat out, so enjoy cooking it at home. I usually use a kit from the supermarket, but I don't think I will be anymore. I made a few adjustments to the usual recipe such as the salsa as I couldn't find most of the ingredients, so found a different recipe, which was still great! I also couldn't find any sweet smoked paprika (is normal smoked paprika okay?) so instead I used a mix of different spices, which worked really well.

Cooking the chicken breasts whole, as opposed to thinly slicing them beforehand, made them so juicy, even though it does add a bit extra cooking time, I will most definitely be doing it this way next time. I was a bit unsure about the rice, as I usually just cook fajitas, but I found the rice was a welcome addition to the dish, and wasn't bland at all, as the lemon juice gave it a bit of zing, which was delicious!

Overall, if you are looking for a alternative to your usual bland chicken fajitas, than look no further, this is the recipe for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment