Tuesday 18 December 2012

Golden Chicken with Potato Gratin

I feel this recipe needs a bit of an advisory warning with it, as its a bit hectic to begin with, and unless you have a big stove, you will not be able to make this effectively. I ended up with 2 pans on the hobs and a roasting tray, plus the grill on, so beware, juggling is a necessity with this dish.

So far, this recipe has taken the longest to make, but at 28 minutes, is still under half an hour, and as it was so delicious I cant really complain. The chicken was juicy, and the smoked bacon added another flavour to it, and I couldn't believe I made a potato gratin in a short amount of time, which actually tasted amazing. This is a must make for any family looking a mid week kinda roast!

The last few weeks that I've been cooking these recipes I've noticed a major issue with the book: there are no timings given. This is fine if, like me, you have watched the episodes on TV, it is clear what the timings should be, but I'm sure not everyone has watched these, so it must be confusing. If anyone who is reading this would like the timings let me know and ill try to add them to each of my posts!





No comments:

Post a Comment