Monday 3 December 2012

Glazed Pork Fillet with Cajun Style Rice and BBQ Sauce

I saw this recipe on the TV show a few weeks ago, and wasn't particularly fussed about making this one, I'm not a fan of pork, but due my boyfriends persuasion I decided to make it.

This, so far, have been one of the easiest meals to make. Like with most of these recipes, unless you are organised, don't bother to be frank! Its all about multi-tasking, while something is cooking, get on with the next thing. And the main thing I have discovered while cooking from the book is, you need to have a tidy kitchen, without this, you can double your cooking time easily.

The rice was delicious, it had some heat from the paprika and the lemon makes it so fresh, while normally brown rice can be a bit bland this transforms it into something completely new. While I was dubious about making my own bbq sauce, this was sweet and sticky while having a nice hum from the garlic. Don't think I will ever be buying bbq sauce again! The pork was so tender, with the brown sticky outside and juicy white inside when you cut it up, this would be perfect on the bbq, or instead of fillet use ribs.

Cant wait to make this one again!

(I did take a picture, but It doesn't do it justice, so I wont post it)

No comments:

Post a Comment