Monday 12 November 2012

Chorizo Carbonara

I'm standing in the kitchen on a Sunday night, going against the grain of a traditional Sunday roast I open the cookbook and opt for a carbonara. And this isn't just any normal carbonara, made with chorizo and fat free natural yogurt instead of panchetta and double cream it scrapes in at only 600 calories.

Now, I have to admit, I'm not a fan of any carbonara, I find it too creamy, and frankly I have never had one that didn't taste this way. But I decided to persevere and make this alternative. This was so quick, 17 minutes, yay!!! With a sharp knife in hand, I attack, the chilli, rosemary and chorizo, while the pasta is on the boil, then throw it on a pan with some oil. This is the hardest part of the dish, done!

Sitting down to eat the pasta I was amazed at how fresh it tasted, the yogurt and lemon made it have a zing while complementing the rosemary and chilli. I will absolutely be making this again in the not so distant future.

Chloe

1 comment:

  1. Still no pictures!
    Must be at god you haven't got time fr a photo.

    ReplyDelete