Thursday 15 November 2012

Diet

I decided to write a post a bit different from my usual. So, bare with me everyone! The truth is I've never been skinny I haven't been below 10st since I was about 16, and I'm constantly reminded of that by prom pictures and facebook photos. In between getting a boyfriend and finishing University I piled on the pounds, and tried every diet under the sun, Atkins, Cambridge, no carbs, starving myself and the worst of all, making myself sick after I'd eaten. Not surprisingly, none of these worked, and made me feel worse about myself. My self-esteem plummeted and I felt a Shadow of my normal bubbly and confident self.

So, I finally got fed up of trying to conform to what I thought I should be like, I realised I'm not a 16 year old anymore and I need to take responsibility for my actions. So, I stopped putting pressure on myself to lose weight, I cancelled my gym membership (which hadn't been used in a year) and decided to simply eat less and healthier. Over the past few weeks, trying out these new recipes I've really noticed a difference in my eating habitats. My portion size has reduced, because the food is filling and delicious, and I don't feel the need to snack in the evening. And, my weight has dropped over the past 2 weeks! Whoo.

This is why I'm writing this post, whether anyone will actually read this and take note, I don't know, but even if I can help one person make a change in their life than I will be very happy!

So, Thank you Jamie Oliver, you are one hell of a dude!

1 comment:

  1. Well done Darling. Very proud. Your Mum wants to give you a hug xxx

    ReplyDelete