Monday 19 November 2012

Ingredients

I wanted to do a quick post about ingredients, when talking to people about the recipes, most people ask about the amount of ingredients you need to have in your cupboard to be able to make the dishes. I always say, yes I did have to buy quite a lot of ingredients I wouldn't usually buy to be able to make the food, but they are all ones that last for a long time. For example, all of the dried herbs and spices I've had to buy, when you only use a teaspoon at a time, they will last for a while. The first few recipes, you will need to spend a bit of money to get these ingredients, but you wont need to spend the same amount of money for each dish you make.

Another tip regarding ingredients, is one I picked up over the weekend. While walking round my local supermarket, in the frozen aisle I noticed different frozen ingredients, such as chopped chillis, ginger garlic, coriander, parsley and rosemary. How had I never seen these before?!? I was amazed, one annoying thing with cooking with fresh ingredients for only two people is the leftovers, what to do with them. Well, this has solved my dilemma, as it always seems to be these I end up with mouldy or shrivelled up in my fridge.

I can't wait to use these!

No comments:

Post a Comment