Friday 9 November 2012

Pasta Pesto with Garlic and Rosemary Chicken

Hi there guys and gals, this new recipe was amazing. I decided to make this as a spur of the moment dinner, as I had most of the ingredients in my cupboards. I decided to change the fresh lasagne sheets to penne pasta (frankly I didn't see the point in spending money when I had other pasta already) So the recipe took 15 minutes whoo!!! (I feel like I should celebrate every time I do it in 15 minutes)

This recipe is a must if you love pesto (which my boyfriend does). I only used a small amount of pasta, I don't think you need much because you have the chicken and beans to fill it out. The pesto was quite difficult to make though, I struggled to get the taste and consistency right, but as Jamie suggested I added a bit of starchy water from the pasta and it came together perfect in the end. Next time I don't think I'll use as much lemon as it says to, but was still delicious.

I think this will now be a favourite recipe of mine, perfect for a quick family meal (and there is pesto left over to use another day)

Hope you enjoy

Chloe

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yum. However, would like to see photos of your meals not Jamie's and one showing the mess left behind in the kitchen would be good

    ReplyDelete