Monday 26 November 2012

Pork Stuffed with Feta and Wrapped in Parma Ham.

Standing over an oven for hours on a Sunday night is not my idea of fun, so any recipes which take less than 30 minutes I'm all for. And I can definitely say I will be making this one again. I was making this for 4 people, but still had to do some alterations to the ingredients, I only used 3 courgettes, instead of 6, but even this was too many. I also used uncooked brown rice, and this took 30 minutes to cook, so added extra time, but I put the rice on to boil and began my prep, so overall it only took 32 minutes to make.

I was slightly worried, the pork would be too salty, what with the feta and parma ham being both salty ingredients, but it wasn't too salty and tasted delicious. While the rice was cooking I began to fry the pork in a pan, on a medium heat, and used the food processor to slice the courgettes, garlic, chilli and mint. Once the rice was cooked I drained it and left it to cool, removed the pork from the pan and added the vegetables and quickly stir fried these. In another pan I added a splash of water, the sun dried tomato paste and lemon juice and then the rice, stirred to heat the rice through and was then ready to plate up.

This has been one of my favourite dishes to cook so far, it was quick and simple. And can be altered to your own taste, you could roast the pork and do potatoes instead of rice, or have the courgettes with another meat.

I recommend everyone to try this immediately.

1 comment:

  1. We're not certain you know what it's like to stand over an oven for several hours on a Sunday. It's normally your mum who does that : )
    You'll have to bring some recipes over to Australia, we're enjoying reading about them. Your Nan would be proud xxx

    ReplyDelete