Monday 19 November 2012

Sticky Squid Balls

I feel like in every post I say how each recipe is my favourite and I don't think it can get any better than that meal, well surprise... I was a bit disappointed!

Not as disappointed as a parent with a pregnant teenage daughter, but more, you open a pack of maltesers and there is less than normal, disappointed! I think the reason may be my lack of experience with squid and the amount of people I was cooking for.

Now I'm sure there are millions around the world struggling with the same issue as me... cooking for only two people, when every recipe is for four or more. With most recipes it's as simple as just halving the amount of each ingredients, but not with this one, I happily went to the fishmongers asked for 110g of squid, this is where I encountered my first problem, the squid was 228g, so I decided to just buy the whole squid and make extra balls. Now my second problem was the noodle broth. My boyfriend has a problem with all vegetables, in that you wont eat them, so frankly I wasn't going to spend money of lots of expensive vegetables for myself, so skipped these.

That's where my problem may lie! The vegetables coking in the broth would have added another flavour bu,t without these it was missing something. All being said, I still enjoyed the meal, the balls had a nice hit of heat while not being chewy (which is always a worry when cooking squid) and the noddle broth was still tasty.

If you are a confident and competent cook than definitely make this meal, if you cannot deal with quick cooking with lots of things on the go, this isn't really for you.

Chloe

1 comment:

  1. Don't think ae'll be eating Squid Balls. Unless you're cooking them of course

    ReplyDelete