Sunday 4 November 2012

My journey begins

My journey begins on a cold Saturday evening in November, over a bottle of wine and amazing food, I began to read a blog my parents had set-up for their four month adventure around the world. What began as a joke about creating my own blog has led me here. With a collection of recipes from one of the world's most famous Chefs, and an Alevel in Englsh I am delving into the world of Blogging.

One afternoon during a week off I decided to purchase Jamie Oliver's new book, 15 Minute meals. After watching a couple of episodes of the accompanying TV series, and being extremely intrigued I decided to venture into the world of 'delicious, nutritious, super-fast food' as the man himself puts it.

I have always been a fan of Jamie Oliver. Gone are the days of stuffy chefs who only seem to care about creating expensive food, and spending half an hour 'plating up' to create a perfect meal. The Naked Chef was a revolution in British cooking. Whether it was creating quick home-made pasta dishes, or calling his Nan Tiger on a Channel 4 Christmas special, he has become a national Treasure.

Lets be honest though, I was bitterly disappointed with his 30 minute meals book. I felt that unless you had spent £500 on equipment, his supposed 30 minutes of cooking quickly turn into an hour (if you have good chopping skills). But, something feels different with his new collection. It's not just quick food, its healthy and relatively cheap, and unlike his last book it's not expecting three courses.

So, here we go. My aim with this blog is to give you a normal 22 year old females perspective about the book. What recipes I enjoyed, what I would change and their realistic cooking times.

Hope you enjoy

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment