Monday 12 November 2012

Sizzling Beef Steak with Hoi Sin Prawn Noodle Bowls

This dish is perfect for a Saturday night in front of the telly, which is exactly what I wanted. Melt in your mouth steak with juicy prawns and hoi sin noodles, what is there not to like. I found this dish took a bit longer to make, mainly because I didn't buy prawns ready to cook, I had to clean them and take the digestive bit out, which took 10 minutes, but you could cut down the cooking time considerably by buying cooked prawns, and just re-heat them or add more prawns and cut out the steak.

I would describe this dish as a Chinese surf and turf, I was a bit dubious about the steak, but it works really well, and make the dish really filling. At 600 calories, its not too bad, but again, take out the steak and your calorie count would go down considerably.

I found you don't need many noodles, for four people I would only use 3 nests next time as noodles can be quite filling, and add more chilli, I like mine with more of a kick, but do it to your own liking.

Overall, I will definitely be making this dish again, it was really simple and if you aren't the best cook then this is a great place to start.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment